Saturday, February 18, 2012

Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting


I have been reading Alton Browns I'm just here for more food baking book, to learn more about the method of baking.
I really want to some day create my own things.
His book has very helpful tips on how to bake your basic things.
He teaches you different methods on how to bake.
Such ask: Muffin method and biscuit method.
Very neat!
I hope that I am able to learn from his book and make my own delicious desert some day soon!
Last week I made a carrot cake using his baking techniques and the cake came out super delicious!
It was super moist and the cream cheese came out perfect!
I used the following ingredients:
1 3/4 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking powder
3/4 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
6 oz Whole vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup Vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
3 Eggs
3-4 Raw carrots

Then I followed his Muffin Method to combine and bake the cake.
Refer to his book for his methods!!!
Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yummy! Carrot cake always reminds me of my grandparents. Sweet memories.

    Have you ever made macaroons? I've been to intimidated to try yet :)

    Stopping over via the blog hop! So nice to meet you! I'm a new follower.

    Lindsey
    outofalabaster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! So glad I found your blog through the blog hop. I'm now following you through GFC. I would love if you stopped by and followed back, so we can stay connected. Lori

    ReplyDelete